Providing soccer scholarships
To disadvantaged U.S. youth so they can: compete at the highest levels of global soccer, form positive health and fitness habits, and develop character, work ethic, and teamwork.
Barcelona Foundation’s mission is to provide soccer scholarships to disadvantaged U.S. youth so they can: compete at the highest levels of global soccer, form positive health and fitness habits, and develop character, work ethic, and teamwork.
90%+ of the donations from corporations and individuals go directly to funding young players’ soccer academy costs.
*Barcelona Foundation is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization officially recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to receive donations that are tax deductible. To verify Barcelona Foundations 501 (c) status you can click here.
List of Donors
We are grateful to the many donors whose generous gifts help provide top-quality soccer training for dedicated children who otherwise can’t afford to play. The following individuals and companies have supported Barcelona Foundation.
Sport Soccer Academy LLC
Mia & Bill Powell
Apply for a Scholarship
Barcelona Foundation scholarships are only awarded in those cities where we have certified soccer academies. This currently includes Colorado Springs and Denver CO.
Scholarships are awarded based on a holistic evaluation of a child’s soccer talent, academic achievement, personal conduct, and financial need. The application requirements are as follows:
- Personal Conduct and Academic Achievement – Player must submit a copy of the latest report card denoting grades and conduct, or a submit a formal letter from the school with the aforementioned information.
- Athletic Merit – Player must pass a Player Assessment from one of our partner soccer academies.
The necessary documentation is:
- Information on annual family income: (Include gross wages + public assistance + child support/alimony + social security + disability + other);
- Both parents’ IRS tax return, W-2s, and/or any other official documents that assist with the assessment of financial need;
- Grades issued by the School (grade C or above with no failing grades, and satisfactory attendance);
- Letter of School showing Good Conduct.
- Proof of Free / Reduced Lunch Eligibility;
- Proof of Medicaid Eligibility
Scholarships will generally be awarded at the beginning of each season and will pay for part or all of a child’s Soccer Academy Training.
If you’re a soccer player or parent and need help finding money for soccer training, please complete a Scholarship Application Form.