Providing soccer scholarships
To disadvantaged U.S. youth so they can: compete at the highest levels of global soccer, form positive health and fitness habits, and develop character, work ethic, and teamwork.
Barcelona Foundation’s mission is to provide soccer scholarships to disadvantaged U.S. youth so they can: compete at the highest levels of global soccer, form positive health and fitness habits, and develop character, work ethic, and teamwork.
90%+ of the donations from corporations and individuals go directly to funding young players’ soccer academy costs.
*Barcelona Foundation is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization officially recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to receive donations that are tax deductible. To verify Barcelona Foundations 501 (c) status you can click here.
List of Donors
We are grateful to the many donors whose generous gifts help provide top-quality soccer training for dedicated children who otherwise can’t afford to play. The following individuals and companies have supported Barcelona Foundation.
Sport Soccer Academy LLC
Mia & Bill Powell
Apply for a Scholarship
Barcelona Foundation scholarships are only awarded in those cities where we have certified soccer academies. This currently includes Boca Raton FL, Colorado Springs CO, Dallas TX, Denver CO, Houston TX, and San Antonio TX.
Scholarships are awarded based on a holistic evaluation of a child’s soccer talent, academic achievement, personal conduct, and financial need. The application requirements are as follows:
- Personal Conduct and Academic Achievement – Player must submit a copy of the latest report card denoting grades and conduct, or a submit a formal letter from the school with the aforementioned information.
- Athletic Merit – Player must pass a Player Assessment from one of our partner soccer academies.
Financial Need – Player must be able to prove financial need. Proof of eligibility required:
- Any child on Medicaid qualifies for financial need.
- Barcelona Foundation will use qualification for free or reduced school lunch as determining factor in granting financial aid.
If a family does not qualify for either of these programs or is unsure, please submit your latest tax return for our review.
- There is also an area on the application form to explain extenuating circumstances for requesting a scholarship/financial aid. For example, we will consider applications from low income families with multiple children participating in soccer academies).
Scholarships will generally be awarded at the beginning of each season and will pay for part or all of a child’s Soccer Academy Training.
If you’re a soccer player or parent and need help finding money for soccer training, please complete a Scholarship Application Form.